Sunday, April 21, 2013

ATCs for China

Artistic Trading Cards (ATCs) have been around since the mid 1990s.  They originated as a calling card or business card for artists.  They are original mini works of art that are traded: you give a card you get a card.  ATCs are now traded world wide.  I have a large collection from my years on yahoo art groups making and trading.  The only standard is they MUST be the size of a baseball card: 2-1/2" x 3-1/2".  Other than that, anything goes- paint, marker, crayons, collage...

While my husband, daughter, friend and I are in China we will be serving at a performing arts school that educates 135 very poor, rural mountain kids.  We will be teaching Bible lessons on Creation and Noah's Ark.  I plan on making ATCs with the Chinese kids with the themes of: weather, animals and food and trading them with the cards that I am bringing from kids here.

Here are some examples I made.  I still have a bit of coloring to do.

"Sunny" and playing around with Van Gogh's "Starry Nights".


These are some of the 90 cards made by my students at Grace Christian School.  I will be taking them to China, making trading cards with the students in China and returning home with the cards to swap out.

My son is working on this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment